Purchasing gluten-free breadcrumbs can be difficult and expensive. I experimented with making my own and found this recipe to work best.
Stephen gets some white rolls on which he finds are very stodgy to eat. Now I turn them into breadcrumbs and use them in various other recipes.
One loaf of gluten-free bread or gluten-free rolls
- Break the bread or rolls into a liquidiser and liquidise until coarse
- Ensure not to put too many in at a time as the liquidiser will jam
- Spread the breadcrumbs out on to a baking sheet.
- Bake in a hot oven for 3 to 5 minutes until crisp
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool
- Then place back in the liquidiser until the crumbs become fine
It really is as simple as that!
These are exactly what we use when making our gluten-free scotch eggs.